Forums

Dev Blog: Skilling Pet ChancesThread is sticky

Quick find code: 74-75-692-65973140

of 4
Lanel
Jul Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Lanel

Posts: 9,320Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fuvked Up said:
Please make it possible to obtain skill pets upon turning in contracts at the Arc - especially combat ones. If Slayer contracts can award the Slayer pet, then Constitution contracts can award Morty.

That is all.


+ Daily Challenges

23-Dec-2017 22:07:10

PrimaAntiqua
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2007

PrimaAntiqua

Posts: 521Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fuvked Up said:
Joo said:
How does the slayer pet work? Don't see it being mentioned :)


Slayer pet is based on time and not on experience.

Santé
A JMod corrected this on a separate Reddit post a long time ago. Slayer, like all of the combat pets, actually works on XP.

23-Dec-2017 23:34:46

Tenebri
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 13,071Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
interested in combat pets as thats what ive been going for recently. only range and prayer left

but dry on range by like 8m+ (200m threshold) unsure if i should be annoyed or not yet haha

24-Dec-2017 16:44:49

Fuvked Up
Dec Member 2017

Fuvked Up

Posts: 77Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PrimaAntiqua said:
Fuvked Up said:
Joo said:
How does the slayer pet work? Don't see it being mentioned :)


Slayer pet is based on time and not on experience.

Santé
A JMod corrected this on a separate Reddit post a long time ago. Slayer, like all of the combat pets, actually works on XP.


Dang, is it really now? That's super sus
TrumpTrain

27-Dec-2017 20:27:58

Rgb4
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2012

Rgb4

Posts: 174Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey PrimaAntiqua, what do you mean by all combat pets works on xp, do you mean your total xp in the skill give you a higher chance or the higher lvl monsters you kill give you a better drop chance. Or is it both ?

29-Dec-2017 00:30:49

Fire Hawk154

Fire Hawk154

Posts: 6,470Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are the modifiers for XP-based skills the same in F2P even though the XP rates are very much different? With smithing having 6x higher XP rates than runecrafting, it seems odd RC has a higher modifier. Should be the other way around.
Clan Europe Leader
|
Jagex Cup Winners
|
Maxed Pure F2P (pre-Fletching)

30-Dec-2017 18:33:54

Tenebri
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 13,071Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rgb4 said:
Hey PrimaAntiqua, what do you mean by all combat pets works on xp, do you mean your total xp in the skill give you a higher chance or the higher lvl monsters you kill give you a better drop chance. Or is it both ?


there are thresholds of 99 120 and 200mxp, which give higher chance

but to break it down
if the chance of pet is 1 : 1,000,000 (at 1 - 98)

killing something that gives 1,000 xp the chance of pet is 1,000 : 1,000,000

but killing 2 monsters that give 500 xp, youll have the same chance as getting pet.

the drop rate is based on the xp you get, the numbers i used are just to use as simple math

i believe thats what it is. in the most simple terms

02-Jan-2018 17:50:41 - Last edited on 02-Jan-2018 17:51:00 by Tenebri

Radio53kip

Radio53kip

Posts: 716Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said:
there are thresholds of 99 120 and 200mxp, which give higher chance


Given the formulas here there's only a threshold bonus chance at 200M. From level 1-120 there's not a single treshold bonus and the level itself simply increases the chance.

Much like others, I would believe Jagex said there would be a threshold at 99 and 120.
Pure F2P Veteran
|
F2P Completionist (but max levels)


Check out my F2P: Best in Slot guide

03-Jan-2018 13:13:28

Tenebri
Jan Gold Premier Club Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 13,071Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Radio53kip said:
Tenebri said:
there are thresholds of 99 120 and 200mxp, which give higher chance


Given the formulas here there's only a threshold bonus chance at 200M. From level 1-120 there's not a single treshold bonus and the level itself simply increases the chance.

Much like others, I would believe Jagex said there would be a threshold at 99 and 120.


they have said that, they only used 200m here otherwise the first post would just full of formulas when you only need one example to show how it works.

08-Jan-2018 10:17:43

Radio53kip

Radio53kip

Posts: 716Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said:
Radio53kip said:
Tenebri said:
there are thresholds of 99 120 and 200mxp, which give higher chance


Given the formulas here there's only a threshold bonus chance at 200M. From level 1-120 there's not a single treshold bonus and the level itself simply increases the chance.

Much like others, I would believe Jagex said there would be a threshold at 99 and 120.


they have said that, they only used 200m here otherwise the first post would just full of formulas when you only need one example to show how it works.


Mod Timbo said:
We take the time value and then multiply it by your virtual level in the skill, then divide it by 50,000,000. If you have 200m total XP in the skill, we add a flat 50 to your virtual level whilst doing the calculation. Our example with Woodcutting and Ivy at level 99 would then continue to be:

4 x 99 / 50,000,000 = 99/12,500,000 chance every time you swing your hatchet at Ivy with a Rune Hatchet at level 99.


Notice the sheer lack of a 99 threshold bonus in this example?
Pure F2P Veteran
|
F2P Completionist (but max levels)


Check out my F2P: Best in Slot guide

08-Jan-2018 13:10:38

Quick find code: 74-75-692-65973140Back to Top