Forums

SOUL WARS Armor & Weaponry

Quick find code: 185-186-222-66109160

of 2
NausicaaH1me

NausicaaH1me

Posts: 144Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why Soul Armor?

To create incentive for players to participate in Soul Wars, which is a dead mini-game.


To provide a grind-free and fun way for players to acquire good armor (those who suck at money-making).

What Is Soul Armor?

Soul equipment is a set of degradable melee/range/mage armour and weapons unlocked via Soul Wars mini-game. 75 Defence is required to wear the armour, and 75 Attack is required to wield the weapons. A total of 5 pieces are available for the armour set. The helm, plate armor, leg pieces, boots, and gloves.
Weapons that are available include a rapier, an off-hand rapier, a brand new bow, and a devastating staff.


Armor attributes/stats:

Total Defense - 1750 (max)

Weapon attributes/stats:

Rapier - Damage 995 Accuracy 2110 (max)
Bow - Damage 1430 Accuracy 1650 (max)
Magic Staff - Accuracy - 2550 (max)


How Do I Obtain Soul Armor?

By playing Soul Wars! Duh!

In order to acquire the armor and/or weapons, the pieces must be bought from Nomad. This is done by
collecting 500 zeals from playing and then trading them in with Nomad.

Augmentation

The armor and weapons can be augmented (boosted) to higher stats. To augment your weapon or armor piece, you must collect 500 zeals and ask Nomad to augment them. By doing this, you will have created a "superior" version of the armor/weaponry.

Armor and weaponry may be boosted up to 95 level stats.


Degrade and Repair

Soul equipment will degrade to broken after 60,000 charges (10 hours) of combat and can be repaired by exchanging 500 zeals with Nomad.

Can I trade my Soul Armor/Weaponry?

The armor and weapons are exclusively
non-tradeable.



Tell me if you think this is a good and/or bad idea. Feel free to elaborate! Respectful comments, please. :)

05-Jul-2019 23:05:50 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2019 23:24:11 by NausicaaH1me

NausicaaH1me

NausicaaH1me

Posts: 144Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Reserved for suggestions/notes from discussion participants. ;)


Rikornak - Too many hours of Soul Wars gameplay required to obtain Soul Wars equipment.

05-Jul-2019 23:06:58 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2019 22:14:43 by NausicaaH1me

Rikornak
Oct Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 6,025Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Probably not being worth to be bothered with - being ironman or not.

Why should I waste hundreds of hours in a rigged and broken minigame for both obtaining and maintaining (sorry - a minimum of 167 games just to repair it?!) a less than ideal suit of armour. Why shouldn't I just farm money and buy myself all sets of t80 armours and at least t85 weapons? They are not really expensive after all.

The augmentation part is a different kind of broken. Since soul wars needs no skill (you basically just need to boost and/or leech your way through it - well basically just like with every piece of pvp based content in RS) it hardly should be the place to obtain best in slot equipment.

To be honest - I would really like to see nice little additions to existing minigames - but not something like this. It's also sorta ridiculous that you even call that grind-free and fun using those numbers. Have you taken CW as a piece of reference?
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

06-Jul-2019 04:48:41 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2019 04:52:10 by Rikornak

Stoic n Vain

Stoic n Vain

Posts: 1,292Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd love for soul wars to be made more appealing, however, I have a similar opinion to Rikornak. 108.3 hours of soul wars for 10 hours worth of armour charge doesn't seem very reasonable. "Buffing the gear to t95" - best in slot gear shouldn't come from a minigame, in my opinion.

Another thing I'd like to point out. The weapons are all the same tier (75) ... so why does each classes weapon's accuracy differ drastically? The bow has like t74 accuracy, the rapiers have like t83 accuracy and the staff has like... tier 92 accuracy? They should all be the same... (t75)

I think a better solution would be to not make new armour at all, but allow zeal to repair existing armours as an alternative to coins. This would save a lot of people gp (which is one of your goals with this thread, to aid those that suck at money making) and would have a good chance to revive the content as well. It could be used for all PVP related minigames.

Since repairing all of your gear can cost millions, and most players can make said millions back in 1 hour, I think that zeal should be very generous and roughly provide a full repair for one hour of gameplay. Anything less and players will likely continue to rely purely on coins to repair their armour. You earn on average 5.5 zeal per hour, so I think 6 zeal to repair a full set of high-end gear should be about the required amount to get people playing again.

Minigame AFK-ing would need to be fixed before this is implemented, as it should not pay for gear repairs. Even though skilling can do that... I'll ignore it. Lol.

There is the issue that this will reduce money-sinking... but I'll let others discuss that.
The New Wild (instanced) <---------> Enhancing Combat and PVP <----- UPDATED to include
Removing RNG from PVP

06-Jul-2019 06:48:39

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 28,769Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have to agree with the others. Minigames shouldn't be used for armor/gear anymore.

We've eclipsed T75 gear by absurd levels now, that there is no need for minigames to provide it.

You can smith melee armor that is better than that.
You can craft Mage Armor close to that.
You can craft Range armor close to that.

The weapon you propose isn't 'bad', It is roughly T85. but there are better drops out there for it. There are easier ways of getting it without having to play that many minigames.

Plus, unless the minigame can be solo'd, you have the issue of getting players to join you (without the aid of botting or lots of alts, which was part of the issue with the previous Bounty Hunter).

06-Jul-2019 20:54:06

NausicaaH1me

NausicaaH1me

Posts: 144Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rikornak said:
Probably not being worth to be bothered with - being ironman or not.

Why should I waste hundreds of hours in a rigged and broken minigame for both obtaining and maintaining (sorry - a minimum of 167 games just to repair it?!) a less than ideal suit of armour. Why shouldn't I just farm money and buy myself all sets of t80 armours and at least t85 weapons? They are not really expensive after all.

The augmentation part is a different kind of broken. Since soul wars needs no skill (you basically just need to boost and/or leech your way through it - well basically just like with every piece of pvp based content in RS) it hardly should be the place to obtain best in slot equipment.

To be honest - I would really like to see nice little additions to existing minigames - but not something like this. It's also sorta ridiculous that you even call that grind-free and fun using those numbers. Have you taken CW as a piece of reference?


Fair enough. But Jagex has to do something about Soul WARS.

06-Jul-2019 22:01:11

NausicaaH1me

NausicaaH1me

Posts: 144Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stoic n Vain said:
I'd love for soul wars to be made more appealing, however, I have a similar opinion to Rikornak. 108.3 hours of soul wars for 10 hours worth of armour charge doesn't seem very reasonable. "Buffing the gear to t95" - best in slot gear shouldn't come from a minigame, in my opinion.

Another thing I'd like to point out. The weapons are all the same tier (75) ... so why does each classes weapon's accuracy differ drastically? The bow has like t74 accuracy, the rapiers have like t83 accuracy and the staff has like... tier 92 accuracy? They should all be the same... (t75)



My numbers were off lol. But point is, Jagex needs to update the rewards in a major way. I suggest armor and weapons. New powerful items.

06-Jul-2019 22:03:36

NausicaaH1me

NausicaaH1me

Posts: 144Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rikornak said:
Probably not being worth to be bothered with - being ironman or not.

Why should I waste hundreds of hours in a rigged and broken minigame for both obtaining and maintaining (sorry - a minimum of 167 games just to repair it?!) a less than ideal suit of armour. Why shouldn't I just farm money and buy myself all sets of t80 armours and at least t85 weapons? They are not really expensive after all.



I should probably lower the amount of zeals needed for repair lol, but the idea is to force players to have to keep playing the game. That way it doesnt die after players reap the rewards.

06-Jul-2019 22:05:08

NausicaaH1me

NausicaaH1me

Posts: 144Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deltaslug said:
I have to agree with the others. Minigames shouldn't be used for armor/gear anymore.

We've eclipsed T75 gear by absurd levels now, that there is no need for minigames to provide it.

You can smith melee armor that is better than that.
You can craft Mage Armor close to that.
You can craft Range armor close to that.

The weapon you propose isn't 'bad', It is roughly T85. but there are better drops out there for it. There are easier ways of getting it without having to play that many minigames.

Plus, unless the minigame can be solo'd, you have the issue of getting players to join you (without the aid of botting or lots of alts, which was part of the issue with the previous Bounty Hunter).


Then in my opinion, Jagex should give the Soul Armor and weaponry some kind of special ability that makes it way better than whatever players can smith or craft.

Like level 75 Soul War armor should be significantly better than level 75 armor that you can smith.

06-Jul-2019 22:11:51

NausicaaH1me

NausicaaH1me

Posts: 144Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stoic n Vain said:


I think a better solution would be to not make new armour at all, but allow zeal to repair existing armours as an alternative to coins. This would save a lot of people gp (which is one of your goals with this thread, to aid those that suck at money making) and would have a good chance to revive the content as well. It could be used for all PVP related minigames.

Since repairing all of your gear can cost millions, and most players can make said millions back in 1 hour, I think that zeal should be very generous and roughly provide a full repair for one hour of gameplay. Anything less and players will likely continue to rely purely on coins to repair their armour. You earn on average 5.5 zeal per hour, so I think 6 zeal to repair a full set of high-end gear should be about the required amount to get people playing again.

.


I like this idea. Anything to revive Soul Wars!

06-Jul-2019 22:16:12

Quick find code: 185-186-222-66109160Back to Top