Forums

Saving RS3

Quick find code: 14-15-530-66118274

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There is no RS4, although there will be another "unannounced MMO", a next gen Action RPG and other Runescape titled franchise games.

I believe all the other new games will not be just merely "reboot" or new servers of Jagex's current RS3 and OSRS. They will be very different and all players can play all of these games with their own choices. They won't be forced to move to the other games.

All popular online games have MTX. A lot of them have RNG based mechanics or even an entire online full service casino with room and board services for VIPs and high rollers. It is just how these game remain popular. They need surprise mechanics and even the ones who complained about going broke spinning the wheel admitted they love it. :D

Jagex's games are already very relevant and in fact will be even more relevant when RS3 Mobile is released some date in 2019, as per Fukong's Jagex Financial Reports in their last 6 months. Revenue was up close to 40% while after tax net profits were up over 26% with members count going over the 1.1. million marks.

Fukong further praised Jagex's relevancy by showing off Runescape's Guinness World Records and the promising future of Mobile games with Newzoo's report in the industry.

http://file.finance.sina.com.cn/211.154.219.97:9494/MRGG/CNSESH_STOCK/2019/2019-8/2019-08-27/5593105.PDF

28-Aug-2019 16:58:20

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unrealkilla said:
Dilbert, while i agree a lot of games have MTX in this day and age this absolutely devastates the idea of having a sense of achievement in skills you actually put in work to earn. It makes a leaderboard essentially pointless in terms of competition, if you are going to allow MTX then at least remove those said players from eligibility to be on the leaderboard, unless it is purely cosmetic based.


You can say the evidence is in the numbers in terms of profits but then disregard the effect that MTX has on profits, of course profits are at a record high with MTX, the new accounts stats also arent a clear reflection with a lot of players deciding to create alt accounts like ironmen and such being that this is relatively new to rs. When looking at current player counts you can see its only at 15-20k at most given times whereas osrs sits at three to four times that, despite being the inferior game.


So yes allow MTX if it is a necessary evil, but lock those people out of leaderboards or create a separate statistic for "unranked" based accounts. There are lots of solutions that aren't half measures in keeping your player base and not alienating a lot of players.


They can't remove anybody from any "leadership" boards because they will have to remove anybody who use Bonds first. Besides, they have many "leadership" boards incluidng Achievements that are not determined by xp/levels.

If paying with Bonds and TH to get into the "leadership" boards is not fair then why is using third party client to gain advantages over the others to get into "leadership" boards is fair?

There is no absolutely fairness in Jagex's game since 2012. No point to cry over it now in 2019. In 2019 we play for fun, and we should glad that the RS3 "leadership" boards are more fair because of no 3rd party client abuses and a lot of new Achievements unlike xp/level, that can't be bought directly with money.

28-Aug-2019 17:20:41

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think they ever expelled anybody using 3rd party clients from their "leadership" boards in OSRS. It is not a matter if you think it is acceptable or fair, or not. It is... you have to accept it if you choose to look at it, or you can just simply ignore it.

But don't just say RS3 or OSRS is dying because you don't think they are fair or acceptable because the whole world of video gaming has accepted such "unfairness". You can complain the whole video gaming world is dying otherwise. :D

28-Aug-2019 17:35:39

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know why you have to post the same graph 3 times. Regardless, it is just concurrent player counters that mean nothing at all in the real world financial reports. Obviously your graphs failed miserably to show the increasing membership counts from 1.08 mil to over 1.1 mil the last 6 months, let alone revenue and profits.

Noticeably, even with the meaningless concurrent graphs you showed, RS3's graph is going up since April 2019. Hardly anything needs to be "saved".

28-Aug-2019 17:55:18

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These are the top ten free-to-play games by revenue for 2018, according to SuperData:

1. Fortnite, Epic Games - $2.4 billion
2. Dungeon Fighter Online, Nexon - $1.5 billion
3. League of Legends, Riot Games, Tencent - $1.4 billion
4. Pokemon GO, Niantic - $1.3 billion
5. Crossfire, Neowiz Games - $1.3 billion
6. Honour of Kings, Tencent - $1.3 billion
7. Fate/Grand Order, Aniplex - $1.2 billion
8. Candy Crush Saga, King, Activision Blizzard - $1.1 billion
9. Monster Strike, Mixi - $1.0 billion
10. Clash Royale, Supercell, Tencent - $0.9 billion

Sorry Jagex, your 2018 revenue of £92.8 mil was not even 1/8 of Clan Royale at the last place of the top 10 list.

On the brighter side, real world financial results speak volume. RS3 is not dying. A lot of games are dying to just to be named the world's Most users of an MMO videogame and Most prolifically updated MMORPG videogame, as verified by Guinnes World Records.

28-Aug-2019 18:31:00

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unrealkilla said:
I accidentally clicked post multiple times sorry.

Well i hope you are right as i still very much enjoy RS3 on my new ironman account and don't want to see the game fail in the long term.

I guess time will tell, improvements should still be made to attract new players.


Sure they want not just to attract new players, but RETAIN them too. Fortunately Fukong also said they were able to both attract new players and retain them the last 6 months through Twitch Prime. I guess the new players were attracted and retained by Umbral Chests. :D

Last year, they also provided a forward looking guidance of 5 more years of 9-14% growth per year. No worries in the next few years, even if the meaningless "playerbase" doesn't show much growth.

And don't forget Fukong also tout RS3 Mobile. It can only show more growth in RS3, at least in the near future. I guess they may jut throw in a few more Umbral Chests then they can more than just attract the new players but retain also them and entice them to recruit more of their friends too. :D

28-Aug-2019 19:59:11 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2019 20:00:35 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dziony said:
I agree with the Treasure Trail. Or make it where you can't buy keys at least... Keep it where the only way you can earn them is skilling, questing, challenges, etc...


No. They can't because this will make Umbral Chests less attractive and they may lose some tools to RETAIN the new players they attract. They don't want to see nosediving RS3 revenue and profits and real active players, even though they don't really mind a nosediving meaningless concurrent "online" graph.

All those who really did not like TH and MTX had already left in 2012. Jagex doesn't care about those few who already left, or the even much fewer remaining ones who are just freeloading with Bonds. The ones pay are the ones say with their wallets. :)

28-Aug-2019 20:13:35 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2019 20:14:11 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J Seinfeld said:
xox Lola xox said:
Dziony said:
I agree with the Treasure Trail. Or make it where you can't buy keys at least... Keep it where the only way you can earn them is skilling, questing, challenges, etc...


The days when something like that could save rs3 have long gone. It really just needs to go.


There's the door if you don't like the game. Don't let it hit you on the way out.


What if they walk out and in and then out and in since 2012?

Realistically there is no door for Runescape since 2012. All those who wanted to leave in 2012 have left and completed their adventures with The Door already. Most of the ones left to complain now are freeloading thanks to Bonds.

RS3 is doing extremely well. These few freeloaders left to complain now are the ones saved by Bonds rather.

28-Aug-2019 20:52:30

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dziony said:
Glad you said the same thing twice about the free loaders and bonds.. Never did say the game isn't doing well all I said was get rid of the TH keys...


We see the same old RS3 is dying and get rid of SOF/TH posts since 2012 already.

Shrug! What have changed? :D

28-Aug-2019 21:27:55

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dziony said:
And if you never speak against it, it will have a 0% chance of changing. Sorry for being against buying TH keys ;)


Jagex actually had changed TH from SOF. They are selling xp now because the players told them they wanted untradeable things that wouldn't affect the economy. That's why Jagex changed all the 50k and 100k gp coin pounces in common slots to stars and lamps and reskinned SOF as TH.

They also added HOI to give players more powers to control the outcome of the prizes they want.

Giving cosmetics fail to sell, there is really not many things not worse than TH left. You better expect TH to stay in its current form, or if there were days when TH was gone you could certainly see other forms of RNG based MTX not in loot box forms. It could only go worse when they further made such non-loot box RNG based mechanics only buyable with real money.

28-Aug-2019 22:07:12 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2019 22:08:38 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Dziony said:
And if you never speak against it, it will have a 0% chance of changing. Sorry for being against buying TH keys ;)


Jagex actually had changed TH from SOF. They are selling xp now because the players told them they wanted untradeable things that wouldn't affect the economy. That's why Jagex changed all the 50k and 100k gp coin pounces in common slots to stars and lamps and reskinned SOF as TH.

They also added HOI to give players more powers to control the outcome of the prizes they want.

Giving cosmetics fail to sell, there is really not many things not worse than TH left. You better expect TH to stay in its current form, or if there were days when TH was gone you could certainly see other forms of RNG based MTX not in loot box forms. It could only go worse when they further made such non-loot box RNG based mechanics only buyable with real money.


Not quite staying in its current form since they have to put the odds on mobile.


Currently they are already showing the odds on mobile. No problem there. You probably haven't logged into RS3 Mobile yet, or read this post:

Quick find code: 366-367-675-66115121

28-Aug-2019 22:26:54 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2019 22:28:45 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Dziony said:
And if you never speak against it, it will have a 0% chance of changing. Sorry for being against buying TH keys ;)


Jagex actually had changed TH from SOF. They are selling xp now because the players told them they wanted untradeable things that wouldn't affect the economy. That's why Jagex changed all the 50k and 100k gp coin pounces in common slots to stars and lamps and reskinned SOF as TH.

They also added HOI to give players more powers to control the outcome of the prizes they want.

Giving cosmetics fail to sell, there is really not many things not worse than TH left. You better expect TH to stay in its current form, or if there were days when TH was gone you could certainly see other forms of RNG based MTX not in loot box forms. It could only go worse when they further made such non-loot box RNG based mechanics only buyable with real money.


Not quite staying in its current form since they have to put the odds on mobile.


Currently they are already showing the odds on mobile. No problem there. You probably haven't logged into RS3 Mobile yet, or read this post:

Quick find code: 366-367-675-66115121


Oh, im glad mobile is out, that certainly attracted a lot of new players....


It is in beta, but the mechaics is there already. That's why we have beta testing to have somebody get the experience first. As those who are in beta already can see, there is no difference in TH except it shows the TH odds now.

28-Aug-2019 22:34:04

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Dziony said:
And if you never speak against it, it will have a 0% chance of changing. Sorry for being against buying TH keys ;)


Jagex actually had changed TH from SOF. They are selling xp now because the players told them they wanted untradeable things that wouldn't affect the economy. That's why Jagex changed all the 50k and 100k gp coin pounces in common slots to stars and lamps and reskinned SOF as TH.

They also added HOI to give players more powers to control the outcome of the prizes they want.

Giving cosmetics fail to sell, there is really not many things not worse than TH left. You better expect TH to stay in its current form, or if there were days when TH was gone you could certainly see other forms of RNG based MTX not in loot box forms. It could only go worse when they further made such non-loot box RNG based mechanics only buyable with real money.


Not quite staying in its current form since they have to put the odds on mobile.


Currently they are already showing the odds on mobile. No problem there. You probably haven't logged into RS3 Mobile yet, or read this post:

Quick find code: 366-367-675-66115121


Oh, im glad mobile is out, that certainly attracted a lot of new players....


It is in beta, but the mechaics is there already. That's why we have beta testing to have somebody get the experience first. As those who are in beta already can see, there is no difference in TH except it shows the TH odds now.


Source that there is no difference?


See is believing. There is also a beta forum too. I also show you the thread showing us the odds already.

28-Aug-2019 22:44:40

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
So that is the mobile beta odds, highly doubt it is the game odds lol.

Anyway nice to see treasure hunter being regulated since Jagex couldn't regulate themselves.

Only the beginning.


If you doubt or have any questions about RS3 Mobile there is already a dedicated subforum for RS3 Mobile Beta Testing and a TH forums for you.

It is also nice to see OSRS Mobile being regulated on Apple Store and Google Play as it contains in-game purchases too. :)

28-Aug-2019 22:54:18 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2019 22:54:42 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
So that is the mobile beta odds, highly doubt it is the game odds lol.

Anyway nice to see treasure hunter being regulated since Jagex couldn't regulate themselves.

Only the beginning.


If you doubt or have any questions about RS3 Mobile there is already a dedicated subforum for RS3 Mobile Beta Testing and a TH forums for you.

It is also nice to see OSRS Mobile being regulated on Apple Store and Google Play as it contains in-game purchases too. :)


The difference is osrs is actually out on mobile, and I never saw you saying they would never be regulated like you did th. :D:D:D:D


What? Are Apple and Google governments now? Nope. They are self-regulation like I suggested it 9000 times. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

28-Aug-2019 22:59:21

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
So that is the mobile beta odds, highly doubt it is the game odds lol.

Anyway nice to see treasure hunter being regulated since Jagex couldn't regulate themselves.

Only the beginning.


If you doubt or have any questions about RS3 Mobile there is already a dedicated subforum for RS3 Mobile Beta Testing and a TH forums for you.

It is also nice to see OSRS Mobile being regulated on Apple Store and Google Play as it contains in-game purchases too. :)


The difference is osrs is actually out on mobile, and I never saw you saying they would never be regulated like you did th. :D:D:D:D


What? Are Apple and Google governments now? Nope. They are self-regulation like I suggested it 9000 times. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D


I think we all know the answer to if they are governments don't we berty. Deep down in our hearts.


Of course we know deep down in our hearts, we need the self-regulators like ESRB to show us RS3 and OSRS both have in-game purchases. We need the other self-regulators like ESA to show us loot boxes is not gambling but 3rd party skin gambling is. We need more self-regulators like the Fair Play Alliance to show us what is fair play or toxic trolls.

As long Jagex cooperate with these self-regulators, they can help the video game industry to weed out all the illegal stuff. Only that they can save their only games - RS3 and OSRS. :D

28-Aug-2019 23:09:38

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
So that is the mobile beta odds, highly doubt it is the game odds lol.

Anyway nice to see treasure hunter being regulated since Jagex couldn't regulate themselves.

Only the beginning.


If you doubt or have any questions about RS3 Mobile there is already a dedicated subforum for RS3 Mobile Beta Testing and a TH forums for you.

It is also nice to see OSRS Mobile being regulated on Apple Store and Google Play as it contains in-game purchases too. :)


The difference is osrs is actually out on mobile, and I never saw you saying they would never be regulated like you did th. :D:D:D:D


What? Are Apple and Google governments now? Nope. They are self-regulation like I suggested it 9000 times. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D


I think we all know the answer to if they are governments don't we berty. Deep down in our hearts.


Of course we know deep down in our hearts, we need the self-regulators like ESRB to show us RS3 and OSRS both have in-game purchases. We need the other self-regulators like ESA to show us loot boxes is not gambling but 3rd party skin gambling is. We need more self-regulators like the Fair Play Alliance to show us what is fair play or toxic trolls.

As long Jagex cooperate with these self-regulators, they can help the video game industry to weed out all the illegal stuff. Only that they can save their only games - RS3 and OSRS. :D


No, nothing can save it, we've been through this.


Yes, we can save OSRS. With Umbral Chests, we got Twitch Prime to not just attract new players but retain them. That saved the nosediving OSRS "playerbase".

28-Aug-2019 23:15:54

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
I don't think so, since osrs has shown other games how to be successful and they are all removing their sketchy predatory practices, that means very soon runescape will be the only one left with pay to win, which means everyone will have gone elsewhere, which lets face it they already have.


What? You don't know OSRS has been showing the other games the predatory pay-to-win Bonds since 2013?

Yes, without the pay-to-win mechanics in Bonds, OSRS would have been dead, long dead. Bonds saved OSRS for a few years but that's not enough now. It is nosediving again, so we need more Umbral Chests as they are what retaining players now until Jagex can find some more companions.

28-Aug-2019 23:30:55

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
No idea what they are tbh. However rs3 are clearly retaining less players than osrs.


LOL! RS3 did not retain players a few years ago, but whoever wanted to leave have left already.

You can tell from the causal play pattern of the RS3 events, you know the players the are retaining are the ones who don't spend much time on line. That's why there are millions of active players but only a small number are online. It shows they are not the hardcore OSRS types.

The nosediving OSRS graphs also shows they are not even retaining their hardcore "playbase" now. OSRS can't retain players. That's why they have to turn to DXP Weekends and Quitting Game Giveaways now. :D:D:D

28-Aug-2019 23:50:18

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
2007Scape
1,792,829 active players
18,871,879

RuneScape
439,529 active players.
9,253,240


Shall we have a look at rs3 and osrs top 10 expensive items and see which is pay to win.


LOL! Where the hell are these "active players" are these showing?

Uh Oh! Not the Official Jagex Financial Reports that showed over 8 million ACTIVE PLAYERS. :D:D:D

28-Aug-2019 23:56:57

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
2007Scape
1,792,829 active players
18,871,879

RuneScape
439,529 active players.
9,253,240


Shall we have a look at rs3 and osrs top 10 expensive items and see which is pay to win.


LOL! Where the hell are these "active players" are these showing?

Uh Oh! Not the Official Jagex Financial Reports that showed over 8 million ACTIVE PLAYERS. :D:D:D


Why was the last company that owned Jagex in trouble with the government again?


What? What government and what trouble? I don't know OSRS has any problem with the government although Mod Jed was in trouble.

29-Aug-2019 00:03:06

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
2007Scape
1,792,829 active players
18,871,879

RuneScape
439,529 active players.
9,253,240


Shall we have a look at rs3 and osrs top 10 expensive items and see which is pay to win.


LOL! Where the hell are these "active players" are these showing?

Uh Oh! Not the Official Jagex Financial Reports that showed over 8 million ACTIVE PLAYERS. :D:D:D


Why was the last company that owned Jagex in trouble with the government again?


What? What government and what trouble? I don't know OSRS has any problem with the government although Mod Jed was in trouble.


OSRS owned Jagex? True true.


Obviously disinformation. Do you really mean this? If so, I am going to send it to tipoff@jagex.com.

29-Aug-2019 00:09:01

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
2007Scape
1,792,829 active players
18,871,879

RuneScape
439,529 active players.
9,253,240


Shall we have a look at rs3 and osrs top 10 expensive items and see which is pay to win.


LOL! Where the hell are these "active players" are these showing?

Uh Oh! Not the Official Jagex Financial Reports that showed over 8 million ACTIVE PLAYERS. :D:D:D


Why was the last company that owned Jagex in trouble with the government again?


What? What government and what trouble? I don't know OSRS has any problem with the government although Mod Jed was in trouble.


OSRS owned Jagex? True true.


Obviously disinformation. Do you really mean this? If so, I am going to send it to tipoff@jagex.com.


Youre going to report yourself? Good.

"the sale was necessary to pay down debt accrued by the parent company."


Report who? I am just going to ask Jagex to look into their own ownership record, and I am going to tell them somebody in this forum said Jagex is in trouble with the governments and he also said OSRS owned Jagex.

29-Aug-2019 00:14:35

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Don't know how paying down debt has anything to do with the government... So Fukong owes somebody money and they are restructuring to pay off some debt. That's nothing special and it has nothing to do with Jagex. They are not going to shut down OSRS because of the debt.

At least that has nothing to do with the kind of "trouble with the government" like Mod Jed has, and even so that's only Jed's own trobule, not Jagex.

Jagex never have any problem with any government.

29-Aug-2019 00:19:55

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
https://mmo-population.com/top/2019

Like you continued to try to disinform people about 8 million active players on rs3.

I think maybe we need a jmod.


Muhahahhahhahahhaha. That's just a private site. They can pull any number out of somewhere in their bodies but it obviously doesn't mean a thing. They can't even show where they got the numbers from. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

29-Aug-2019 00:23:40

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Don't know how paying down debt has anything to do with the government... So Fukong owes somebody money and they are restructuring to pay off some debt. That's nothing special and it has nothing to do with Jagex. They are not going to shut down OSRS because of the debt.

At least that has nothing to do with the kind of "trouble with the government" like Mod Jed has, and even so that's only Jed's own trobule, not Jagex.

Jagex never have any problem with any government.


Sorry what does mod jed have to do with the thread? Are you spamming off topic?


Nothing because Jagex is not in trouble with the government as you falsely claimed.

29-Aug-2019 00:26:56

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
https://mmo-population.com/top/2019

Like you continued to try to disinform people about 8 million active players on rs3.

I think maybe we need a jmod.


Muhahahhahhahahhaha. That's just a private site. They can pull any number out of somewhere in their bodies but it obviously doesn't mean a thing. They can't even show where they got the numbers from. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D


That's why I am asking for jmod confirmation dilbert. Since you seem convinced that there are 8 million active rs3 players, I would like that confirmed.. by a gold jmod.


Feel Free to ask. You can ask the Shanghai Stock Exchange too. But please don't misquote as I said Jagex has 8 million active players but they never distinguish RS3 or OSRS because they are the same players who can play both games.

29-Aug-2019 00:29:22 - Last edited on 29-Aug-2019 00:30:27 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agner said:
I find it funny how mad dilbert is because osrs is more popular than rs3 and he cant accept it.


Huh? Who is mad? And you can say OSRS is more "popular" than WoW too with your own data.

I have absolutely no problem with what you think because it depends on what one means by "popular".

29-Aug-2019 00:33:53

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
xox Lola xox said:
https://mmo-population.com/top/2019

Like you continued to try to disinform people about 8 million active players on rs3.

I think maybe we need a jmod.


Muhahahhahhahahhaha. That's just a private site. They can pull any number out of somewhere in their bodies but it obviously doesn't mean a thing. They can't even show where they got the numbers from. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D


That's why I am asking for jmod confirmation dilbert. Since you seem convinced that there are 8 million active rs3 players, I would like that confirmed.. by a gold jmod.


Free feel to ask. You can ask the Shanghai Stock Exchange too. But please don't misquote as I said Jagex has 8 million active players but they never distinguish RS3 or OSRS because they are the same players who can play both games.


Not really interested in companies that have nothing to do with Jagex as they had to sell them as they had to pay their debt off to their government. Not really interested in how Jagex got pwned by osrs either. This thread is about why rs3 is passed saving and needs shutting down, which you are demonstrating beautifully.


RS3 doesn't need any saving as they are selling enough Umbral Chests on top of £25 mil MTX already. If something needed to be saved, perhaps more Purple Skin may prolong OSRS for a year or so.

29-Aug-2019 00:38:36

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
When RS3 resorted to use fake DXP Weekends streams to maintain its "popularity" then I might think it was going to die.

Fortunately, it is the other game... :D


Fortunately, no one cares what you think as it makes no odds.


Of course no odds for RS3 to die before OSRS as £25 mil a year just from MTX could keep the game afloat even with just a "playerbase" of 1. At least RS3 doesn't have to worry about a nosediving "playerbase" and fake DXP weekends and quitting Giveaways.

RS3 Mobile, Twitch Prime Umbral Chests, Facebook Companion, Jagex Partners... There are plenty of new initiatives that will make a Runescape Franchise revolving around the Main Game RS3. :)

29-Aug-2019 01:02:59

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh So the government is drawing up legislation to ensure Jagex can't let fake DXP Weekends phishing sites, 3rd party skin gambling, and internet trolls and toxicity harm the general public?

Good for them. I am sure Jagex will take care of the DXP Weekend phishing and the Duel Arena staking scams. Not that sure when they will get rid of the harmful trolls and toxicity in their games and forums though... but rest assured the industry will even if the government doesn't. :)

29-Aug-2019 01:09:32

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Dilbert2001 said:
Oh So the government is drawing up legislation to ensure Jagex can't let fake DXP Weekends phishing sites, 3rd party skin gambling, and internet trolls and toxicity harm the general public?

Good for them. I am sure Jagex will take care of the DXP Weekend phishing and the Duel Arena staking scams. Not that sure when they will get rid of the harmful trolls and toxicity in their games and forums though... but rest assured the industry will even if the government doesn't. :)


What will you do with yourself then?


Play the Runescape Franchise RS3 game, as well as the new Jagex games, and help the forums to get rid of toxic trolls of course so they won't harm RS3. Hopefully OSRS is still alive and I can still log in to do search for the bones of Bob the dead OSRS cat.

29-Aug-2019 01:15:53

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RS3 will have no chance to die or Fukong's plan will totally fail and go bankrupt.

They already make it clear everything in their plan has monetization written onto it, whether it is through partnership, RS3 Mobile or new games. We can all see that by checking their job descriptions.

OSRS is known not to take many more MTX. Survival of the Runescape Franchsise is solely on RS3's shoulder. Think where else can they continue to reap the profits of new players and have them retained without Lootscape and Umbral Chests? Where the hell will Facebook Campanion connect to? Where is the Purple Skin going to be sent when somebody buys an order of spaghetti at Vapaino?

There is no chance Fukong will let RS3 die before anything else or they are just killing themselves. Extremely simple.

29-Aug-2019 01:47:51

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xox Lola xox said:
Our team has decades of experience in marketing strategy for RuneScape, as well as a host of other huge live game franchises. We work with developers to create the right go-to-market plan, to define measurement criteria, to build the right framework, to create the right messaging, and crucially to evaluate the market and audience opportunity.

Driving new players to your game and keeping them playing is critical to success. Our extensive experience means that we know how to drive best-in-class paid marketing campaigns. Our flexibility allows us to optimise, track, attribute, and re-target quickly for the best possible results on desktop and mobile.

Players are the lifeblood of your game. Our award-winning team work with you to find and build your community wherever they are in the world, and then keep them engaged within the game and outside of the game on relevant social channels, forums, and events, turning players into your greatest advocates. More than that, we are experts in providing two-way community engagement so your players can help inform game design and content decisions.

To maximise the long-term commercial opportunity of your game, we work with partners to create in-depth plans around microtransactions, subscriptions, and catalogue and storefront management. We evaluate every element of your game, advising on the correct business model, the content plan required to support it, and the best ways to create a thriving in-game economy.

Not very good at their jobs are they.


I don't know about Fukong's expectation. To me £25 mil a year just on MTX is a lot of money but I have a feeling to them it is not enough. I am sure they want more when they compare it to their peers.

They certainly will need RS3 to create a franchise, epecially one with MTX in its vein. So Zero chance for RS3 to die. There may create another OSRS with MTX though and then OSRS will be domoted to OSRS Classic.

29-Aug-2019 02:35:10

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,677Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ladyolake said:

A different company based in united states bought it earlier this year.

Maybe they can make a difference? who knows.

I dont think RS is going anywhere for a while at least.


The "different" company will still be under the control of their current Chairman, only under a sibling company of Fukong Interactive but not Fukong Interactive itself.

Jagex will still be directly under the full control of Hongtou Network. So really there is no changes in business direction. Only the organization structure is changed.

Sure, the new Jagex initiatives will certainly make a difference, but a very positive one, as they will bring in many more business partners and opportunities from many global channels. However, this is a very good thing to Jagex.

29-Aug-2019 17:03:40

Quick find code: 14-15-530-66118274Back to Top