Forums

Land Out of TimeThread is locked

Quick find code: 16-17-128-66103577

of 2
L0xley
May Member 2017

L0xley

Posts: 406Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the new update, they are talking about, in July. It is the Land Out of Time update. I figure, since, it is a new island wilderness, there must be new monsters and slayer monsters, maybe. You probably have to get there with a ship, and if there is a ship, there might be a new quest coming out, as well. With new monsters come the possibility of new items, too. Just brainstorming, sounds like a cool update.

02-Jun-2019 01:57:10

L0xley
May Member 2017

L0xley

Posts: 406Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, just thought of something, there is probably going to be new places to mine higher level ores, too. The mining/smithing rework is new, and the new island would a good place to put more high level ores, to mine.

02-Jun-2019 02:14:41 - Last edited on 02-Jun-2019 02:15:06 by L0xley

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,918Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From the official Jagex press release, Land out of Time is described as:

"Available for RuneScape members, the island’s ancient shores and deadly jungles will be
accessible to new, current and returning players alike
. Adventurers looking to follow the storyline over future updates require just three skills (Mining, Smithing, and Divination) to be level 50 or above, along with the completion of two quests: The Needle Skips and You Are It.

Promising
a host of new and exciting places to explore, along with new skilling activities
, more information about The Land Out of Time will be released throughout June towards launch."


It doesn't sound like it is a high level place. It is more like a place for every kind of players to have fun with, with a rather low requirement of level 50 in 3 skills to go through the subsequent story (quests probably).

They mentioned there will be dinosaurs too. So, new monsters (dinosaurs) to kill is probably in the agenda. However, these dinosaurs seem to be huge so I am not sure if there are solo slayer mobs. Boss mobs of the size of Seiryu sound likely though. :)

02-Jun-2019 18:17:49 - Last edited on 02-Jun-2019 18:19:12 by Dilbert2001

scousy
Jun Member 2019

scousy

Posts: 1,277Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
From the official Jagex press release, Land out of Time is described as:

"Available for RuneScape members, the island’s ancient shores and deadly jungles will be
accessible to new, current and returning players alike
. Adventurers looking to follow the storyline over future updates require just three skills (Mining, Smithing, and Divination) to be level 50 or above, along with the completion of two quests: The Needle Skips and You Are It.

Promising
a host of new and exciting places to explore, along with new skilling activities
, more information about The Land Out of Time will be released throughout June towards launch."


It doesn't sound like it is a high level place. It is more like a place for every kind of players to have fun with, with a rather low requirement of level 50 in 3 skills to go through the subsequent story (quests probably).

They mentioned there will be dinosaurs too. So, new monsters (dinosaurs) to kill is probably in the agenda. However, these dinosaurs seem to be huge so I am not sure if there are solo slayer mobs. Boss mobs of the size of Seiryu sound likely though. :)



Sounds like another menaphos. Half the players are already maxed and lack of new players in game. Mid level content will be dead to maxed players.

02-Jun-2019 21:37:42

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 28,371Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Given the M/S rework, I'm hoping it's not another mining spot.
That's content we don't really need now since you don't need to compete over ores.

The only thing that might be welcome is more animica spots.

02-Jun-2019 23:46:36

Lions RAWR
Apr Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 8,670Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
scousy said:
Dilbert2001 said:
From the official Jagex press release, Land out of Time is described as:

"Available for RuneScape members, the island’s ancient shores and deadly jungles will be
accessible to new, current and returning players alike
. Adventurers looking to follow the storyline over future updates require just three skills (Mining, Smithing, and Divination) to be level 50 or above, along with the completion of two quests: The Needle Skips and You Are It.

Promising
a host of new and exciting places to explore, along with new skilling activities
, more information about The Land Out of Time will be released throughout June towards launch."


It doesn't sound like it is a high level place. It is more like a place for every kind of players to have fun with, with a rather low requirement of level 50 in 3 skills to go through the subsequent story (quests probably).

They mentioned there will be dinosaurs too. So, new monsters (dinosaurs) to kill is probably in the agenda. However, these dinosaurs seem to be huge so I am not sure if there are solo slayer mobs. Boss mobs of the size of Seiryu sound likely though. :)



Sounds like another menaphos. Half the players are already maxed and lack of new players in game. Mid level content will be dead to maxed players.


Sounds like you don't understand the new storyline.
Since this update is part of the greater story arc going forward, it would mean max players will be able to enjoy it as well ;)
My Goals Lions Goals

03-Jun-2019 03:11:47

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,918Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
scousy said:
Dilbert2001 said:
From the official Jagex press release, Land out of Time is described as:

"Available for RuneScape members, the island’s ancient shores and deadly jungles will be
accessible to new, current and returning players alike
. Adventurers looking to follow the storyline over future updates require just three skills (Mining, Smithing, and Divination) to be level 50 or above, along with the completion of two quests: The Needle Skips and You Are It.

Promising
a host of new and exciting places to explore, along with new skilling activities
, more information about The Land Out of Time will be released throughout June towards launch."


It doesn't sound like it is a high level place. It is more like a place for every kind of players to have fun with, with a rather low requirement of level 50 in 3 skills to go through the subsequent story (quests probably).

They mentioned there will be dinosaurs too. So, new monsters (dinosaurs) to kill is probably in the agenda. However, these dinosaurs seem to be huge so I am not sure if there are solo slayer mobs. Boss mobs of the size of Seiryu sound likely though. :)



Sounds like another menaphos. Half the players are already maxed and lack of new players in game. Mid level content will be dead to maxed players.


It definitely doesn't sound like Menaphos. Menophos requires mid level skills to enjoy. However, Land out of Time is clearly described as
"accessible to new, current and returning players alike"
.

Lack of new players? Don't you see many new players or returning players with low skills posted in the forums lately? :D

03-Jun-2019 16:13:10

L0xley
May Member 2017

L0xley

Posts: 406Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just finished the Desperate Times quest. They are probably going to add the next installments of that quest's storyline. Orthen is probably the Land Out of Time, the place Kerapac flies away to. At least, the storyline will be continued, if it's not Orthen. Looks like we will start to learn more, about what the trouble with the Elder Gods is going to turn out to be. Sounds like it can get long.

04-Jun-2019 04:09:52

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 8,918Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
L0xley said:
Just finished the Desperate Times quest. They are probably going to add the next installments of that quest's storyline. Orthen is probably the Land Out of Time, the place Kerapac flies away to. At least, the storyline will be continued, if it's not Orthen. Looks like we will start to learn more, about what the trouble with the Elder Gods is going to turn out to be. Sounds like it can get long.


It is confirmed the new island is called Anachronia, not Orthen. Orthen may be a city on Anachronia or accessible through some portal/portal etc on it though.

I think Orthen shows more on the trouble from Xau-Tak than the Elder Gods rather since Kronon's (The Ambassador's) Ancient Journal pretty much hinted on ancient dragonkin (from Orthen probably) going to the kingdom of Shadow and came back with 2 stones - 1 glistening and 1 black... and the black pebble probably has a lot to do with you guess it... Xau-Tak. :)

04-Jun-2019 05:11:32

Acra
Aug Gold Premier Club Member 2013

Acra

Posts: 4,451Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sounds like a for sure copy + paste project to me. Hope they have some original ideas but I doubt it.

What players are expecting by now:

Advanced Character movement

EXAMPLE: initiating setting sail in a boat to drive around through out Runesape's water.

How about a simple jump function? C'mon create content for us players.
Best wishes to all.
Jagex declared WAR on April 2nd, 2012 by implementing MTX.

05-Jun-2019 11:36:45 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2019 11:46:42 by Acra

Quick find code: 16-17-128-66103577Back to Top