Forums

Classic forum shutdown

Quick find code: 278-279-816-66034340

of 13
Sobend
Jan Member 2014

Sobend

Posts: 724Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I understand why you guys shut down the Classic forum, even though I would have kept at least a little bit up for historical/archival purposes. The RSOF forum was the main way for non-botting players to keep in touch, and now there's really no chance of that.

But if you are going to shut it down, can't you give us some notice so people can archive their threads?
Here's looking at you, kid.

11-Aug-2018 01:45:57 - Last edited on 11-Aug-2018 01:47:39 by Sobend

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,532Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sobend said:
But if you are going to shut it down, can't you give us some notice so people can archive their threads?


Where would they be moved to that made sense?

As they were mostly talking about classic and i dont see any other forums that fits that description, it was probably best they were deleted along with the forum.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support
Currently a forum user only

11-Aug-2018 03:10:57

Luis12345LTS
Nov Gold Premier Club Member 2010

Luis12345LTS

Posts: 1,052Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Sobend said:
But if you are going to shut it down, can't you give us some notice so people can archive their threads?


Where would they be moved to that made sense?

As they were mostly talking about classic and i dont see any other forums that fits that description, it was probably best they were deleted along with the forum.


Perhaps to the side of off-topic literally their action of killing rsc is not acknowledging it part of RS so it could be there as well. But their actions dont make sense and are known for not caring on players. Oh well no wonders many quit the game.

11-Aug-2018 06:56:11 - Last edited on 11-Aug-2018 06:57:37 by Luis12345LTS

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,532Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Luis12345LTS said:


From another thread relating to this:

Original message details are unavailable.
Yet OT is for threads that have nothing to do with RS.

Threads about rsc most certainly do have everything to do with RS.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support
Currently a forum user only

11-Aug-2018 13:40:33

Archaeox
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 46,980Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sobend said:
But if you are going to shut it down, can't you give us some notice so people can archive their threads?

Yes, it would have been polite to give people more time to make copies of their threads for archiving.

Draco Burnz said:

Where would they be moved to that made sense?
As they were mostly talking about classic and i dont see any other forums that fits that description, it was probably best they were deleted along with the forum.

Thread archiving is not the act of moving a thread to a different forum - it is the act of keeping a copy of the thread for oneself, or on a website somewhere else.

~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~
~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

11-Aug-2018 14:39:09 - Last edited on 11-Aug-2018 14:40:47 by Archaeox

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,532Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said:
Thread archiving is not the act of moving a thread to a different forum - it is the act of keeping a copy of the thread for oneself, or on a website somewhere else.


What would be the use in that if ppl cant comment on it?
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support
Currently a forum user only

11-Aug-2018 15:11:25

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member
2006

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,422Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said:
Archaeox said:
Thread archiving is not the act of moving a thread to a different forum - it is the act of keeping a copy of the thread for oneself, or on a website somewhere else.


What would be the use in that if ppl cant comment on it?


Nostalgia or historical interest I guess.

I'm sure there have been some interesting discussions that could be interesting to read in a year or two.
My morning poem: "Coffee, coffee, coffee, everyone shut up. Coffee."

11-Aug-2018 15:42:21

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,532Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said:
Nostalgia or historical interest I guess.

I'm sure there have been some interesting discussions that could be interesting to read in a year or two.


Meh.

I just see no need to keep threads around if they cant be used at all.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support
Currently a forum user only

11-Aug-2018 15:44:27

Dilbert2001
Jun Gold Premier Club Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 10,007Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex has already given all their players, not just the RSC ones notices from months ago that RSC would be shut down.

For those who care about RSC and have something they want to retrieve from the RSC forums they had plenty of time to do that already.

For those who did not get the notice, they really have no excuse for any further RSC forum extention since they showed no or very little interest on any RSC inforamtion during these few months anyway.

11-Aug-2018 15:52:05

Draco Burnz
Dec Gold Premier Club Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 65,532Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said:
Jagex has already given all their players, not just the RSC ones notices from months ago that RSC would be shut down.

For those who care about RSC and have something they want to retrieve from the RSC forums they had plenty of time to do that already.

For those who did not get the notice, they really have no excuse for any further RSC forum extention since they showed no or very little interest on any RSC inforamtion during these few months anyway.


Exactly.

Shouldve asked for this when you had the chance.
Draco Burnz
True Collector of Cosmetics
7th year VIP 2013-2019

Support
Currently a forum user only

11-Aug-2018 16:05:13

Quick find code: 278-279-816-66034340Back to Top