Boss Pets: a Ninja Update
We wanted to start 2015 off with a bang, and what better way than to introduce 26 mini pet versions of RuneScape's bosses?
You can obtain each pet as a rare drop from their boss counterpart, and the more kills you rack up the more likely it is that you’ll bag a pet. As you reach a certain kill-count threshold, you will get an increased chance of the boss dropping a pet.
Note that these kill counts are retroactive - we've been tracking them since July. Find out your current total in the Beasts interface.
Do you have what it takes to defeat a boss for the ultimate rare drop companion? If you’ve got the guts, test your skills against the following bosses in game for the chance to pick up a Boss Pet:
- Commander Zilyana
- General Graardor
- K’ril Tsutsaroth
- Kalphite Queen
- Kalphite King
- Corporeal Beast
- Giant Mole
- King Black Dragon
- Legio Primus
- Legio Secundus
- Legio Tertius
- Legio Quartus
- Legio Quintus
- Legio Sextus
- Chaos Elemental
- Dagannoth Prime
- Dagannoth Rex
- Dagannoth Supreme
- Queen Black Dragon
Most of the pets we’ve added have no requirements other than killing their boss counterpart. The exceptions are:
- The King and Queen Black Dragonling pets, which both also require 99 Summoning.
- Araxxor and Araxxi’s pets - affectionately dubbed Barry and Mallory - which both require you to have unlocked all the previous spider pets from Araxxi.
Plus, we’ve added a Mega Duckling pet into the game - but it’s up to you to find out how to unlock it!
The Ninja Team
In Other News
- The Festive Cheer Christmas events have now ended:
- All snowboards are now available from Diango/Ianto, but can no longer be equipped.
- The Christmas Cracker emote is now unlocked for everyone who donated at least one piece of cracker paper.
- Left over snowballs, Christmas food, cracker jokes, paper and presents have been removed.
Read the patch notes for other updates released today.