Boss Timer, Kill Counts and Legacy Mode Fixes
Our deadly Ninja Team are hard at work on an awesome PvM update, where Death himself will offer Slayer-like tasks to take down some of Gielinor's toughest bosses.
This week we've introduced the first parts of this update. There's an in-game timer to show how quickly you prevail during instanced boss fights, and we're starting to track kill counts of relevant beasties, which will be viewable in an interface once the main update hits the game.
We've also released a batch of updates to Legacy Mode and the accompanying EoC improvements, in response to the feedback you've given us so far.
Read on for more information, or log into RuneScape now.
Upon entering an instanced boss fight, you'll now see a new, movable boss timer element in the interface. This will remain and keep counting up for as long as it takes the instanced boss to be defeated, and will announce the kill time in your chat box when it falls.
Note that the timer will not appear if more than a certain number of players are in the instance. This differs, depending on the boss:
- Giant Mole - 1
- TzTok-Jad - 1
- Queen Black Dragon - 1
- Zilyana - 1
- Graardor - 1
- Kree'arra - 1
- K'ril Tsutsaroth - 1
- Har-Aken - 1
- Legiones - 2
- Araxxor - 2
- Kalphite King - 3
- Nex - 3
- Barrows: Rise of the Six - 4
- Vorago - 7
Today, we've also added kill tracking of bosses and certain slayer monsters - listed below. You won't be able to see how many you've defeated until the full update arrives, but you can start racking up kills.
Your boss kill count will affect certain reward unlocks in the future - get a head start now!
- Giant Mole (normal and hard mode)
- King Black Dragon
- Barrows Brothers (normal and Rise of the Six)
- Chaos Elemental
- Kalphite Queen
- TzTok-Jad (Fight Caves and Fight Kiln)
- Corporeal Beast
- Dagannoth Kings
- Queen Black Dragon
- Zilyana (normal and hard mode)
- General Graardor (normal and hard mode)
- Kree'arra (normal and hard mode)
- Kr'il Tsutsaroth (normal and hard mode)
- Kalphite King
- Araxxor (when released)
- Vorago (normal and hard mode)
- Terror dogs
- Warped tortoises
- Aberrant spectres
- Dust devils
- Skeletal wyverns
- Jungle strykewyrms
- Desert strykewyrms
- Ice strykewyrms
- Mutated jadinkos
- Order of Ascension
- Polypore creatures
- Spiritual mages
- Dark beasts
- Abyssal demons
- Kal'gerion demons
- Tormented demons
Look out for more information in Mod Mark's Behind the Scenes news post - coming Friday 1st of August.
You can also read the Ninja Team's ongoing dev blog for full details of the project.
Huge thanks to all of you who've given your feedback on last week's Legacy and EoC update.
We're overjoyed to see so many of you enjoying the return of traditional combat and the global combat improvements, but we're well aware that there's still work to be done.
All of your feedback has been read and taken into account. Last week, we fixed some of your most high-priority points - in particular, God Wars and Dagannoth Kings balance.
As part of our ongoing work on Legacy and EoC, today sees another batch of post-release fixes and tweaks, including the following:
- Minimap icons are now correctly sized in EoC mode.
- Combat challenges can now be blocked at 138 combat level.
- Flurry no longer deals magic damage when Korasi's sword is equipped.
- The amulet of glory has been rebalanced, so the amulet of fury is the better choice - as it should be.
- A number of outdated references to combat levels and life point values have been corrected.
Remember that this is just one part of our ongoing work on Legacy and the updated EoC system. Keep giving us your feedback!
The future's bright for RuneScape warriors, so gear up and get into the fray. As always, let us know what you think over on the forums.
The RuneScape Team
In Other News
- Suit up in the garb of a gallant Guthixian knight with our latest batch of retro armour overrides - Void - now available in Solomon's General Store.