Wilderness and Free Trade Referendum
We received a petition of 1.2M votes in less than 24 hours! This is the highest number of votes we have ever received for any player poll so it’s time we swiftly move on to a qualified referendum, allowing all our players to express their wishes.
We want our entire community to decide the future of their game by voting in the first ever RuneScape referendum, please make sure you register your vote and ensure you also get everyone you know who plays/has played RuneScape to register their vote too!
The number of players who registered their name on the petition and the feedback in the forums and on fan sites has shown how passionate you are about this matter. The following referendum clarifies exactly what we propose to bring back, or not, based entirely on your votes.
The referendum also gives you the opportunity to vote “Yes” for the return of Free Trade & the Wilderness, “I don’t mind either way” or “No” to the proposal. Please read through the following carefully and log in with your account to cast your vote as well as the option to see the results of the referendum.
About Free Trade:
- Unrestricted Free Trade between players
- Unlimited staking in the Duel Arena
- The Grand Exchange would remain, but with the lower and upper price limits removed
- Party Room drop restrictions removed
- Item Lending still available
- Assist System still available
- LootShare and CoinShare still available
About the Wilderness:
- The Wilderness becomes a rather dangerous area again and players can kill each other for their items
- PVP, Bounty and Bounty +1 Worlds removed (game mechanics may be re-used in the future)
- New objects that affect combat will be analysed on an individual basis
- Gravestones would still be used outside of the Wilderness
- Various PVP items and gear will still be available and won’t become ‘rares’
- Revenants patrolling the Wilderness will be relocated
- Content located in the Wilderness area reviewed as follows:
- Quests (e.g. Spirit of Summer) and Activities (e.g. Clan Wars) would be relocated
- Other content (e.g. Treasure Trails, the Beacon Network and D&Ds) would be looked at on a case-by-case basis
To view the referendum result and cast your vote, click here.
Thanks for your support,