- RuneScape Wiki
The chaotic rapier (often abbreviated CR) is the 2nd best tier 80 rapier, only behind the Drygore rapier. It is received as a reward from the Dungeoneering skill, and requires at least 80 Dungeoneering and 80 Attack to wield. To obtain it, one must have accumulated 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens and then purchase the rapier from the Rewards trader.
This weapon has an off-hand version.
The Chaotic Rapier degrades after 10 hours of combat, and must then be recharged at the Rewards trader for either 2,000,000 coins, or 200,000 coins and 20,000 Dungeoneering tokens. Ten hours of combat allows the rapier 60,000 hits to be made and received in combat.
There has been another considerable debate over which weapon is better, and it is now generally accepted that the longsword is more useful against high defence monsters, while the rapier is the more used weapon for Slayer tasks and other everyday combat activities. It is also a common weapon for training melee skills, and is able to train any of the skills. Additionally, some players prefer to use less powerful, but non-degrading weapons such as the Abyssal whip due to the large time investment required to get a Chaotic weapon, as well as the maintenance costs.
Recharge Cost Analysis
The rapier degrades in increments of 1%, and can only be repaired once at least 1% of the charges are used up.
- 100% charged (Fully charged) – no cost.
- 99% charged – 20,000 coins or 2,000 coins and 200 tokens.
- 90% charged – 200,000 coins or 20,000 coins and 2,000 tokens.
- 20% charged (After purchase) – 1,600,000 coins or 160,000 coins and 16,000 tokens.
- 0% charged (No charges) – 2,000,000 coins or 200,000 coins and 20,000 tokens.
The rapier costs about 33.3 coins per attack (or 3.33 coins and 0.33 tokens per attack), making it a fairly expensive weapon to use.
Values in wilderness
The Chaotic rapier, like all other chaotic weapons, protect over any item that's Grand Exchange value is under 20 million. If lost upon death the opponent will receive 100,000 coins.
- Like all Chaotic equipment, the way the 10 hour timer breaks down, is it counts 1 game tick (0.6 seconds) out of that timer, per attack made AND received, regardless of damage. That is why being attacked by multiple enemies or by ones with fast rates of attack (like Swarms of Scarabs) will degrade your Chaotic items faster.
- Upon release, the rapier was priced at 400,000 Dungeoneering tokens. The price was reduced along with those of all other Dungeoneering rewards on 21st April 2010.
Report a wiki page
If you have identified content on the wiki that breaches the wiki policies or RuneScape rules it is possible for you to resolve this by editing/updating the content.
However if you feel that a user has seriously breached our rules or editing policy and this requires urgent attention from a member of staff, then please specify the issue from the below categories: