- RuneScape Wiki
The completionist cape, seen on its stand as the mysterious cape, can be found on the top floor of the Varrock Museum. It can be purchased from the museum guard for 5,000,000 coins by any player who has achieved the requirements that follow. Players who are missing one or more requirement will be temporarily transformed into a cute animal and pushed back from the stand.
The completionist cape is also unique in its appearance, being one of only three capes in the game that have a particle trail and having a fully customisable colour range accessed by right-clicking on the cape.
Players may only own a single completionist cape at any one time.
Having the completionist hood equipped the cape in your inventory, you are able to right-click the cape and choose the "Features" option to see what requirements you still need to gain the trimmed variant of the cape.
- 2595 Total Level (99 in all skills (Max cape requirement) & 120 in Dungeoneering)
- All quests completed.
- All tasks completed.
- All music tracks unlocked.
- All magic spells unlocked.
- All prayers unlocked from Dungeoneering.
- Unlocked the Abyss (by completing the miniquest).
- Buried all Goblin High Priests.
- Enchanted a salve amulet in The Lair of Tarn Razorlor.
- Returned Clarence to rest.
- Reached the end of the Stronghold of Player Safety.
- Reached the end of the Stronghold of Security.
- All Fremennik Sagas completed at 100%.
- Maximum kudos at the Varrock Museum.
- Hunted the Thalassus 10 times after the Deadliest Catch quest.
- Completing the Fight Kiln minigame.
- Killed the Queen Black Dragon and obtained the First dragonkin journal.
- You must have claimed a reward from Claus the chef for doing him a favour (after completing Carnillean Rising).
- Achieve a score of at least 1111 during a session of Big Chinchompa.
- Completed What's Mine is Yours and all of Doric's and Boric's post-quest tasks.
- You must unlock the Enhanced yaktwee stick by catching 1000 charm sprites.
- Must have constructed a Tuska mask
- Complete either the Hyu-Ji, Quin or Eastern Curiosities storyline from your Port
- Found all the pieces of the Reefwalker's cape forgotten scroll
- Must have completed the Mahjarrat Memories miniquest
- Must have earned 'the Annihilator' title by fighting all four nihil at once, during or after Fate of the Gods
- Must have found all Memoriam crystals on Freneskae
- Must have collected all of the Bandos chronicles on Yu' Biusk after The Mighty Fall
If a player is in possession of the Completionist cape in addition to providing the stats listed below, the Completionist cape will also function as the following;
- Ava's alerter (retrieving ammunition - not spawning arrows or locating crates)
- Fire cape/TokHaar-Kal (Bonus damage when fighting Ice strykewyrms)
- Agility cape (in order to access 'The Pit' Distraction and Diversion)
- Ardougne cloak 4 (including the teleports, increased thieving abilities and daily summoning recharge)
- Bonesack (e) (teleports to Skeletal Horror once per rebuild)
- Spirit cape (lowers the cost of combat familiar scrolls, including Healing Aura)
Note: The completionist cape will only function as a Spirit cape if the owner has used a Spirit cape on it.
Further to this, the cape offers an emote which can be displayed by activating the Cape emote in the emotes interface. During the emote the player transforms into a black dragon which flies into the air and breathes fire back to the ground. This scorches the letters RS into the earth. The player lands, reverting to their normal human form, the letters fade and the emote ends.
For those who have attained all the above requirements, the completionist cape holds another challenge; its trim. The requirements to trim the completionist cape far outstrip those required to obtain the untrimmed version, despite the only benefits from trimming it being solely cosmetic. Upon trimming, the cape's particle trail and various adornments will visibly change from white to gold. The emote will also change, with the dragon appearing gold-plated, rather than black.
Trimmed completionist capes are currently one of the rarest items in the game; a full list of those who have attained one can be found on the High Level Forums.
The full list of requirements to trim the cape, in addition to obtaining the untrimmed version, is as follows;
- Speak to Lanthus wearing a full set of profound armour and the sword.
- Attained 4,000 Chompy kills.
- Achieved a rank of 1,250+ in Conquest.
- Achieved level 5 in all Barbarian Assault roles.
- Completed 25 Chimp ice deliveries after 'Do No Evil'.
- Completed all Court Cases.
- Unlocked all Mobilising Armies rewards (attained at a rank of 401).
- Completed Scarabite research notes.
- Found all barbarian notes in the Ancient cavern (completed 'My Notes').
- Unlocked all Circus clothing.
- Unlocked all the rewards at the Artisan's Workshop.
- Completed a replica statue of Dahmaroc in your house (30 Weeks).
- Defeated all champions.
- Unlocked the full power of the Ivandis Flail and Blisterwood weapons (burnt 500 Vyrewatch).
- Unlocked the flying broomstick after Swept Away.
- Found all the hidden treasure after Making History.
- Unlocked ability to craft all Slayer items and to deliver killing blows quicker.
- Obtained a Master White Knight rank.
- Defeated the 4 sub-bosses within the Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon after Smoking Kills.
- Unlocked all Eagle transportation routes.
- Unlocked all hot-air balloon transportation routes.
- Unlocked the highest level rune shop from Ali Morrisane.
- Unlocked the Scroll of cleansing ability.
- Unlocked the Scroll of efficiency ability.
- Unlocked the Scroll of life ability.
- Completed all barbarian training with Otto.
- Visited the top of Dominion Tower.
- Earned the Vyrelord/Vyrelady title after the Branches of Darkmeyer.
- Made a Zaros symbol in Char's Training Cave.
- Slain the Sunfreet in Dominion Tower.
- Earned Rank 1 Esteem in The Runespan.
- Obtain Song from the Depths hidden rewards.
- Obtain all four of the Dragonkin journals by killing the Queen Black Dragon.
- Unlocking the Champion's tackle box from Fish Flingers.
- Found Philipe Carnillean 6 times after the Carnillean Rising quest.
- Unlock all six regions in Player Owned Ports.
- Explore the Eastern Lands as far as The Pincers from your port.
- Complete the Hyu-Ji and Quin storylines from your port.
- Use the Maul of Omens to defeat Vorago.
- Complete floors 1-60 on Hard Mode in Dungeoneering
- Defeat the Barrows Brothers in the Rise of the Six.
- Unlocking all five Kal'Gerion titles.
Losing the cape
Similar to the Quest point cape, the completionist cape may not be worn if the player does not have necessary requirements and will automatically be unequipped on the release of a new requirement. However, the teleports on the Completionist Cape will still work even if the player does not meet the requirements to wear the cape.
Once the player has regained the requirements they are missing (such as completing a new quest) they will able to re-equip the cape.
If the player has the trimmed version of the cape, it will not automatically become untrimmed upon the release of a new requirement. Should the player wish to remove the trim from it, they can do so by attempting to wear it. This prompts them with the option to remove the trim or retain it.
Additionally, if the player loses either version, they may not claim another until they have completed all the requirements necessary for the version they wish to reclaim.
Achievements Not Required
Despite the lengthy list of requirements for the completionist cape (and especially the trimmed version), there are a few notable achievements that are missing from the list and, therefore, not required for either version of cape. It should be noted that the below list is in no way exhaustive.
- Finding all the Dungeoneering notes.
- Completely filling your POH bookcase.
- Achieving the highest tier Wildstalker helmet.
- Achieving the highest tier Duellist's cap.
- Unlocking all of the rewards from the Crucible.
- Upgrading all Ring of Kinship styles to tier 10 in Dungeoneering.
- Completing the Pit Distraction and Diversion at least once, in order to unlock a Gorilla mask.
- Unlocking the entire Fishing set from Fish Flingers.
- Unlocking Trollheim tablets by giving Runvastr's diary to the Wise Old Man.
- Purchasing all the ship upgrades in your port.
- Obtaining all the scrolls in your port.
- Unlocking Hard Mode at Vorago.
- Unlocking the 'the Defeater' title by using the Maul of Omens defeating Vorago in Hard Mode.
- The Completionist Cape originally had a shorter particle trail, lacked the Bonesack (e) functions and was unable to be combined with a Spirit cape. These features were added on 4th October 2011.
|Capes of Distinction|
|Milestone capes • Classic cape (Hood) • Veteran cape (5 year) (Hood) • Veteran cape (10 year) (Hood) • Max cape (Hood) • Completionist cape (Hood)|
Report a wiki page
If you have identified content on the wiki that breaches the wiki policies or RuneScape rules it is possible for you to resolve this by editing/updating the content.
However if you feel that a user has seriously breached our rules or editing policy and this requires urgent attention from a member of staff, then please specify the issue from the below categories: