- RuneScape Wiki
|Max hit:||Unknown [Edit]|
|Unknown [Edit]||Unknown [Edit]|
|Notable:||Clingy mole, mole nose, mole claws, mole skin|
|Other:||See drop table|
The Giant Mole is a large, non-aggressive beast, but a dangerous one nonetheless. When you engage her in combat she will fight until you have damaged her enough to get her worried.
From this moment on, you will need to be on your toes, as she will burrow (and hence move around) extremely quickly. It is wise to take a team, and split up to combat her as she appears throughout the area.
On her death, she may drop mole noses, skin or claws, which can be taken to Wyson the gardener as proof that she has been destroyed. Wyson will still exchange these items for for bird's nests and white lily seeds.
At any time, the mole can perform the following attacks:
- Melee attack - the mole's regular attack. She will use this attack by default.
- Tremor attack - The giant mole will periodically dig, and re-emerge near a player. When she emerges, a damaging area is left behind. In hard mode this is done repeatedly, twice for each player in the lair, up to a maximum of five times. This can target players in any chamber of the lair, even ones the mole isn't currently in. Players in the tunnels, cannot be targeted.The mole will use this attack if you are hiding behind, or attempting to trap her on, the scenery.
She has three phases to her fight:
- Phase 1 - This phase you will just have to attack the mole until she digs to one of the outer chambers. She will not perform any special moves at this stage.
- Phase 2 - The mole will now dig to a random outer chamber, and start using an ability associated with it. Each of these is visited in a random order and is completed only once. You will need to perform a specific amount of damage to the mole in order to complete a chamber. Once each outer chamber has been completed, the mole digs back into the center and begins phase 3. The mole should face the direction it is about to dig in, though doesn't always manage to turn fast enough.
- Falling Rocks - One player is stunned, then rocks fall from the ceiling, which they must avoid. The rocks can damage players other than the original target. In hard mode, all players are stunned and all players are targeted by falling rocks. A random player will be frozen in place and cannot move or act for a short time unless they are freed by another player. This can target players anywhere in the lair.
- Enrage - The mole occasionally enters a berserk stance causing her to deal additional damage from her regular melee and magic attacks; she also becomes stunnable for the duration of this effect. In hard mode, the mole deals damage to all players adjacent to her primary target.
- Moles - The giant mole will bring other moles out to defend her. In normal this is capped at four moles, in hard mode, the number is increased to 10. The mole takes reduced damage for each living mole and deals extra damage in hard mode.
- Tremor attack - The giant mole will use her secondary attack in this chamber.
- Phase 3 - The mole uses all of her special attacks. There is no specific order in which they are used, but the same one will not be used twice in a row.
The drops are divided equally between the top three players with some exceptions:
- all players receive big bones
- the top player will get a mole claw
- the top three players will get a mole skin
- if a rare is dropped, the remainder of the drop is distributed equally amongst the players who didn't get it
- if you are working on the Rag and Bone Man wishlist, long, sharp claws will be dropped
Click here to see how the rarity of the drop is established.
|1||N/A||This is a guaranteed drop.|
|0.1||0.99||Up to a 1 in 10 chance|
|0.01||0.099||Up to a 1 in 100 chance|
|0.001||0.0099||Up to a 1 in 1,000 chance|
|0.0001||0.00099||Up to a 1 in 10,000 chance|
|-||-||Greater than a 1 in 10,000 chance
(Usually a 1 in 100,000 or a 1 in 1,000,000)
|Big bones||1||GE:532 coins|
|Mole skin||1||GE:7418 coins|
|Mole claw||1||GE:7416 coins|
|Long, sharp claws||1||N/A|
|Numbing root||3 - 7||N/A|
|Dragon 2h sword||1||GE:7158 coins|
|Clingy mole||1||GE:30779 coins|
|Coins||12000 - 16000||N/A|
|Pure essence (noted)||600||GE:7936 coins|
|Blood rune||60||GE:565 coins|
|Iron ore (noted)||40||GE:440 coins|
|Yew logs (noted)||30||GE:1515 coins|
|Grimy ranarr (noted)||6||GE:207|
|Coins||18500 - 23500||N/A|
|Grimy irit (noted)||6||GE:209|
|Red dragonhide (noted)||3||GE:1749 coins|
|Adamant bar (noted)||4||GE:2361|
Hard Mode Drops
|Numbing root||8 - 12||N/A|
|Ultra-growth potion (1)||1||N/A|
|Dragon 2h sword||1||GE:7158 coins|
|Coins||17500 - 22500||N/A|
|Pure essence (noted)||900||GE:7936 coins|
|Blood rune||90||GE:565 coins|
|Iron ore (noted)||55||GE:440 coins|
|Yew logs (noted)||40||GE:1515 coins|
|Grimy ranarr (noted)||9||GE:207|
|Coins||25000 - 31000||N/A|
|Grimy irit (noted)||9||GE:209|
|Red dragonhide (noted)||6||GE:1749 coins|
|Adamant bar (noted)||6||GE:2361|
Report a wiki page
If you have identified content on the wiki that breaches the wiki policies or RuneScape rules it is possible for you to resolve this by editing/updating the content.
However if you feel that a user has seriously breached our rules or editing policy and this requires urgent attention from a member of staff, then please specify the issue from the below categories: