- RuneScape Wiki
|This mighty kalphite is even more powerful than the queen.|
|Location:||Exiled Kalphite Hive|
|Attack style:||Slash Magic Ranged|
|Max hit:||10,000+ (insta kill)|
|Weakness:||Fire Arrows Stab|
|Unknown [Edit]||Unknown [Edit]|
|Other:||See drop table|
The Kalphite King is the most dangerous monster in RuneScape. It resides in the Exiled Kalphite Hive, being the boss of the dungeon. It is Level 230, being the highest level monster in RuneScape, surpassing the Queen Black Dragon and Nex. The king itself is also the first (and so far only) unsoloable monster in RuneScape, having many abilities involving an insta-kill attack. KK in an initalism often used to describe the Kalphite King, similar to how KQ is used to describe the Kalphite Queen.
To fight the Kalphite King is different from any other boss fight in RuneScape. One has to be adept with the ability bar system and the adrenaline meter, as the Kalphite King uses attacks that require abilities. As well as being able to utilize all three attack styles, the Kalphite King has an instant kill attack that makes a player green. If teammates of the player do not use Provoke in time, the targeted player will be hit for over 10,000 damage, often resulting in an instant kill. To avoid this attack completely, Provoke must be used, then Resonance to avoid being instant killed. This is why the boss is unsoloable.
The Kalphite King is able to summon other kalphite monsters, such as guardians and marauders, and even the Exiled Kalphite Queen. However, despite this ability, they are not vital to killing the king, but killing them does help take off extra damage.
Dwarf multicannons aren't able to be set up in the dungeon, but the use of a Dreadnip or Dominion mine appears able to be used. If one is to die in the fight, their gravestone will appear near the entrance to the King's lair within the hive.
Along with the King's release, the King has a chance to drop Drygore weaponry, namely the Drygore rapier, Drygore longsword, and the Drygore mace, as well as all their offhand equivalents. The weapons are made from Kalphite body parts.
Defeating the King
The Kalphite King has 3 forms:
|Kalphite king (melee) ( Level 230 | Weak to )|
|special abilities that he can perform):|
|Kalphite king (magic) ( Level 230 | Weak to )|
|Kalphite king (ranged) ( Level 230 | Weak to )|
The Kalphite King is a powerful foe and he has learnt some clever tricks over the years. Keep your eyes and ears open for signs that he will employ the following attacks:
- Charge - The King will charge forward in the direction he is facing (or, if he is not facing a cardinal point, he will choose the side with the most attackers). Any attackers who are in his way will be caught in his mandibles and will not be able to attack until he finishes charging.
- Knock back - Any attackers surrounding the King will be knocked away from him a short distance as he stomps the ground.
- Beetle juice - Attackers caught in this attack cannot move, use potions, or break free of the attack. If another attacker cannot distract the King, he will kill one of those who are incapacitated. Note that the damage done by this attack is significant and a method of nullifying or reducing the damage inflicted should be employed - a shield is also required.
- Area slam - The King digs beneath the sand and sneaks up on the attacker who held his attentions before he vanished. Any attackers in the area that he emerges in will take damage.
- Battle cry - The King calls out for assistance. His piercing screech will damage the ears of any attackers around him, damaging and briefly stunning them.
- Swarm - Following the King's call for help, Exiled kalphite marauders will emerge.
Depending on the actions of those attacking him, the King also has a few retaliatory attacks up his carapace:
- Proximity - The King does not like things getting to close to him, especially those that would do him harm. Any attacker who attempts to crawl beneath him, or on top of him, will take damage until they remove themselves.
- Release - The King is a canny creature and is able to escape some attempts to prevent him from moving.
- Death Threat - Should attackers attempt to cause the King a lot of damage - such as through the Unload or Frenzy abilities - he has a chance to heal himself, or absorb the damage.
For killing the Kalphite king, there is a chance that some of the items below will be dropped.
|1||N/A||This is a guaranteed drop.|
|0.1||0.99||Up to a 1 in 10 chance|
|0.01||0.099||Up to a 1 in 100 chance|
|0.001||0.0099||Up to a 1 in 1,000 chance|
|0.0001||0.00099||Up to a 1 in 10,000 chance|
|-||-||Greater than a 1 in 10,000 chance
(Usually a 1 in 100,000 or a 1 in 1,000,000)
There is also an uncommon chance that you will get 3 items from the Rare Drop Table.
Report a wiki page
If you have identified content on the wiki that breaches the wiki policies or RuneScape rules it is possible for you to resolve this by editing/updating the content.
However if you feel that a user has seriously breached our rules or editing policy and this requires urgent attention from a member of staff, then please specify the issue from the below categories: