- RuneScape Wiki
- Runecrafting FAQ
|The content on this page is mostly available for all players.|
|There could be some parts within this section that are for members only. These will be indicated accordingly with a icon.|
Do I get Runecrafting experience for each rune I create, or for each essence I use?
You will be given experience for each essence that is used up in the Runecrafting. You will not gain additional experience for being able to create multiple runes per essence.
Are the essence pouches tradeable?
No, it is not possible to trade these pouches with other players.
How do I begin to craft runes?
To craft runes, you need to obtain a talisman (an air talisman will be your first) and rune or pure essence. Once you have these, use the talisman to locate the altar, to enter and begin crafting runes.
What is the elemental talisman?
The elemental talisman is a universal talisman that can be used at any of the elemental altars. This includes the air, fire, earth and water altars. The elemental talisman can be obtained as a drop from abyssal monsters.
How can I repair my pouch?
If your pouch degrades, you can:
- Take it back to the Dark Mage for free.
- Repair pouches by talking to Wizard Korvak located in the Runecrafting Guild. He replaces medium pouches when lost, a fee of 9,000gp to repair your large pouch and 12,000gp to repair your giant pouch.
- Once unlocked and 67 magic, use the Lunar Spellbook to cast NPC Contact to contact the Dark Mage and he will repair your pouches while saving the long trip to the Abyss.
- After collecting 139,760 livid produce and 75 Magic, cast Repair Rune Pouch from the Lunar Spellbook. This also makes pouches more resistant to degrading.
Where is the Dark Mage?
The Dark Mage is at the centre of the Abyss. He will repair degraded pouches for you.
What is the binding necklace?
The binding necklace allows combination runes to be crafted without failing. It will guarantee success when creating combined runes. This item may be used up to 15 times before it breaks and vanishes.
Why do I get two runes per essence?
It's the benefit of a high Runecrafting level. Eventually you might get 3 or more.
Can I have more than one essence pouch?
It is not possible to have more than one of each type of pouch, but if you have the Runecrafting level to hold a giant, large, medium and small at the same time, you will find yourself able to make many runes in one trip!
Which NPCs will teleport me to the rune essence mine?
The following people are the only ones that can teleport you to the rune essence mines:
- Archmage Sedridor on the second floor of the Wizards' Tower south of Draynor Village.
- Aubury in the rune shop in Varrock, just south of the east bank.
- Wizard Cromperty in East Ardougne, just to the north-east of the marketplace.
- Wizard Distentor in the Magic Guild in Yanille.
- The gnome Brimstail in a cave in the Tree Gnome Stronghold (north-west of Ardougne). To find his cave, head north-west in the Stronghold until you see a small bridge on the west side of the Stronghold. Brimstail's cave is inside a large hollow rock a little to the east of that bridge.
What can I craft with rune essence?
You may craft air, water, earth, fire, mind and body runes with rune essence.
What can I craft with pure essence?
Where do I get pure essence?
You have to be a member to mine pure essence. It is found in exactly the same location as rune essence and you will automatically mine it if you have a Mining level of 30 or more.
I am a member - how can I mine rune essence?
Members can mine rune essence by using a free world.
|Agility • Dungeoneering • Slayer • Thieving|
|Constitution • Magic • Melee (Attack, Defence, Strength) • Prayer • Ranged • Summoning|
|Cooking • Construction • Crafting • Firemaking • Fletching • Herblore • Runecrafting • Smithing|
|Divination • Farming • Fishing • Hunter • Mining • Woodcutting|
|Rules of RuneScape|
|How do I get Started • Controls • Interfaces • Combat • Skills • Clans|
|The Game World|
|Area Guides • History • Races • Pronunciation Guide • Transportation • Terrain Survival Guide • Quests • Activities • Enhancing the Game|
|RuneScape Classic • Old School RuneScape|
|Game Guide||Support Centre|
|All you need to know, and more, about the game world. How to get started and how to develop your character.||Need help with your account? Perhaps the game won't run for you? Help can be found here.|
|Scribbles & Sketches||The Community Hub|
|Artwork, fan fiction and arts and crafts are found in this section.||Confused by templates or want to contribute but not sure what to do? Check here for details on the RuneScape Wiki editing community.|
Report a wiki page
If you have identified content on the wiki that breaches the wiki policies or RuneScape rules it is possible for you to resolve this by editing/updating the content.
However if you feel that a user has seriously breached our rules or editing policy and this requires urgent attention from a member of staff, then please specify the issue from the below categories: