- RuneScape Wiki
Squeal of Fortune
- Squeal of Fortune
|This article is about a piece of content that has been removed from the game. Information is kept for historical purposes only.|
Simply log into the game and click the interface button that appears on-screen. Then, give Yelps a big ol’ punch before collecting your prize. Each time you play, you'll see a selection of items, randomly chosen from a huge cache of loot. Winning really couldn't be easier!
The spin interface consists of a 'hide' button, an add spins button, 13 slots, a speed switch (x1 or x10) and a 'spin now' button.
The hide button removes the interface from your screen. To access it again, click the goblin icon.
You can also adjust the speed of the wheel using the flip switch located in the bottom right corner. Click the 10x button to use 10 spins in one go, and the x1 button for 1 spin at a time.
The interface also tells you how many spins you have left.
Each slot contains a randomly selected prize, by stopping the spinning wheel, one of these prizes will be yours! To stop the wheel from spinning, press the large, green 'spin now' button on the right.
The slots are coloured based on the chance you have of getting that item:
When you spin the Squeal of Fortune, your free, daily spins will be used first, following by the spins you earned through RuneScape gameplay. Finally, any purchased spins will always be used last. Here's an insider's tip - if you want to spin faster, just double-click the 'spin now' to stop the wheel early (you can also press spacebar)!
When you have stopped the wheel, you will be shown the rewards interface. Here you must claim your reward before you will be allowed another spin (if you have another spin to perform). You will be given the following options:
- Convert to coins - discards the reward and gives you the coin value for it (you can also press 'D' on your keyboard)
- Claim item - places the item in your bank (you can also press spacebar on your keyboard). Note that XP lamps will go to your inventory and coins to your coin pouch.
- Claim later - for if you have no space in your bank/inventory. Note you will not be able to spin again until the item is claimed/discarded.
There are several ways to get spins:
- Squeal of Fortune prizes: Tickets for two extra spins can be won as prizes on the Squeal of Fortune itself.
- Monster drops: Most monsters around the world now have a rare chance of dropping a spin ticket (a single-use item that adds an extra spin to your allowance), with the exception of creatures in minigames and Dungeoneering.
- Non-combat skilling activities: Any activity that can score you a Shattered Heart strange rock also has a separate, rare chance to earn an extra Squeal spin – added right on to your current spin count.
- Weekly Distractions & Diversions: Each week, one of four D&Ds will give a guaranteed spin for completing a particular action within the D&D. Regular details of which D&D will earn you a weekly spin can be found on the Squeal of Fortune reward screen. The four D&Ds, and the required actions within them, are as follows:
- The Monthly D&D – Troll Invasion: Starting your first Troll Invasion attempt of the month, either as a combatant or a skiller, will earn you an extra Squeal spin.
- Quests: Whenever you complete a quest, you will receive 2 spins – in addition to the ordinary quest reward, of course - added directly onto your count of earned spins.
Being a RuneScape subscriber is another great way to get more chances to win. Members get 2 free daily spins rather than just 1, and have exclusive access to the D&Ds listed above. Also, members have access to 182 great quests!
If you require more spins, or simply prefer to save some time, you can purchase various spin packages. to do this, simply click the "buy spins" button within the Squeal of Fortune interface. click here to go to the billing page, directly.
From here you will be taken to a specific page where you can choose your preferred payment method and the number of spins you’d like to buy. Fill in your details and once your purchase has been successfully completed, the spins will be added to your spins available total. Extra spin packages can also be bought direct from the RuneScape billing pages.
Note that, due to the way the game interfaces with our website, you will be logged out of the game as the purchase interface is loaded. This is normal. You will also be unable to open the purchase interface during certain minigames.
You can exit the purchase interface at any time by clicking on the red cross in the top right corner. Note that you will have to login to the game again if you wish to continue playing.
If you’ve bought extra spins, you’ve got a whole six months to use them before they expire. Meanwhile, extra spins earned from skilling and monster killing last forever!
Your potential rewards are randomly chosen to fill the 13 slots from the tables below. It is possible to have the same item appear more than once meaning that you have a higher chance of receiving it. Note that some items are much, much rarer than others.
Please be aware that the wheel visuals do not necessarily represent the actual chances of winning a certain item, but indicate the general categories of rarity.
For a list of the rewards, see Squeal of Fortune/Rewards.
Please be aware that certain prizes on the Squeal of Fortune can only be claimed, and used, by players with an active membership subscription.
|Barbarian Assault • Blast Furnace • The Fishing Trawler • Gnome Ball • The Great Orb Project • Heist • Pest Control • Shades of Mort'ton • Trouble Brewing • Vinesweeper|
|Brimhaven Agility Arena • Conquest • Games Room • Dominion Tower • Flash Powder Factory • Impetuous Impulses • Mage Training Arena • Player-Owned Ports • Pyramid Plunder • Mobilising Armies • Tai Bwo Wannai Clean-up • Temple Trekking / Burgh de Rott Ramble • Treasure Hunter • TzHaar Fight Cave • TokHaar Fight Kiln • TokHaar Fight Cauldron|
|Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza • Castle Wars • Clan Wars • The Crucible • The Duel Arena • Fist of Guthix • Soul Wars • Stealing Creation • TzHaar Fight Pit|
|Rules of RuneScape|
|How do I get Started • Controls • Interfaces • Combat • Skills • Clans|
|The Game World|
|Area Guides • History • Races • Pronunciation Guide • Transportation • Terrain Survival Guide • Quests • Activities • Enhancing the Game|
|RuneScape Classic • Old School RuneScape|
|Game Guide||Support Centre|
|All you need to know, and more, about the game world. How to get started and how to develop your character.||Need help with your account? Perhaps the game won't run for you? Help can be found here.|
|Scribbles & Sketches||The Community Hub|
|Artwork, fan fiction and arts and crafts are found in this section.||Confused by templates or want to contribute but not sure what to do? Check here for details on the RuneScape Wiki editing community.|
Report a wiki page
If you have identified content on the wiki that breaches the wiki policies or RuneScape rules it is possible for you to resolve this by editing/updating the content.
However if you feel that a user has seriously breached our rules or editing policy and this requires urgent attention from a member of staff, then please specify the issue from the below categories: